Who we are
The information that we collect about you
This Policy applies to all information we receive from you, whether you are registering on our website or for any other purpose. During the course of your use of this website, we will collect two types of information:
- Aggregated Information – this website automatically gathers certain statistical information such as the number and frequency of visitors. This information is only used in the aggregate and individuals cannot be identified from it. This aggregated information helps us to measure how individuals use the website so that we can continually improve it.
- Personal Information – we require personal information from you in order for us to perform the services offered by this website and to fulfil your requests.
What we do with your personal information
Your personal information may be used in a number of ways:
- Providing you with the services that you have requested, including dealing with your requests and queries and maintaining our records and for other administrative purposes.
- For the purposes of operating our systems properly and to protect ourselves and/or our users.
- We may also share statistical information gathered by us about you to other Spikes Cavell companies and to other reputable organisations, but the information we provide will not include details that would allow these organisations to identify you.
- For marketing purposes – please see the section entitled ‘Marketing’ below.
- We may disclose personal information about you to government agencies, fraud prevention agencies and other lawful and/or competent authorities to comply with applicable laws, court orders or lawful government requests.
We may from time to time send you information by email, telephone or post. If you do not wish to receive such information, all our communications give you the opportunity to unsubscribe.
Your Statutory Rights
You also have the right to receive a copy of all the personal information that we hold about you under S7 of the Data Protection Act 1998 by submitting a Subject Access Request. The statutory fee is currently £10.
- record your preferences; and
- remember you on subsequent visits to our website.
We recognise the importance of keeping your personal information secure and take reasonable steps to ensure that our online transactions are secure and that we protect the privacy of information provided to us. We have strict security and confidentiality procedures covering the storage and disclosure of information in order to maintain confidentiality; prevent unauthorised access; and to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998.